50 students Drop Unconscious after Explosion in Ammonia Cylinder: Chhindwara, MP

The reason for the explosion is yet to be ascertained. Unconscious students have been shifted to nearby hospitals and the school has been evacuated.

Indian Expess reports that 50  students fell unconscious after an ammonia gas cylinder explosion in Chhindwara district of Madhya Pradesh. The explosion took place in a cold storage located in the vicinity of schools in the district on Wednesday, August 23 According to district administration officials nearly 800 students were present on the school campus when the leak began in the cold storage. An inquiry into the leak has been ordered by District Collector JK Jain.(http://indianexpress.com/article/india/15-students-unconscious-after-ammonia-cylinder-explosion-in-chhindwara-4809639/)The students were hospitalised immediately following the leak after which the District Collector visited the spot. Accompanied by Superintendent of Police Gaurav Tiwari, Jain said, Fifty students were taken to the district hospital after they complained about uneasiness. They were sent home after medical check-up and being provided medication. We have evacuated the school.” Jain went on to add that they have ordered for an inquiry into the matter and the owner and workers of the cold storage will be questioned in this regard. The leakage intensified after it triggered an explosion in the storage.

The leakage in the cold storage happened around 10 am when students were assembled in the school campus for morning prayers when they complained of uneasiness.



Related Articles